Like, a real lot?
Hi! Jimbles here to ask a question of you: How often do you die in your games? All the time? Occasionally, but only because you make stupid decisions?
I can tell you that I die all the time in Pathfinder, but it’s generally my fault. Whenever I develop a high-concept character with tragic backstory and a good reason to set out adventuring, I often forget that ever so important stat keeping most of us alive… The armor class.
That, and I roll terribly when someone’s life depends on it.
Aside from the misadventures in the Crow (See earlier post for THAT particular embarrassing tale.) I’ve had characters die in the following ways:
- Battle Toad (Boggard Barbarian Chieftain) exacted revenge with a warhammer for causing general chaos in the area and invading his shrine.
- Lich fingered me to death in a oh-so-calm response to taking 38 damage from my surprise round greatsword attack.
- Teleport mishap sent me to the Elemental Plane of PAIN. (Fire burns!)
- Learned the hard way that Black Puddings are not delicious.
- Felled by the Orc Hireling in a single strike.
- Crushed by a brainwashed dragon after a Sudden Maximized disintegrate missed.
And that’s just in my Pathfinder and 3.5 games! Here, let me explain some of these stupid, stupid adventures…